Episode 021: The Fantasy Coach Podcast
Fantasy Football Edition: Fantasy Football Tight End Draft Strategy
Featuring: Sigmund Bloom (@SigmundBloom) FootballGuys.com
About My Guest: Sigmund Bloom is a Co-owner/Partner, http://Footballguys.com , Former NFL Draft lead writer for Bleacher Report, Fantasy Brain Advisory Board Member. For a more detailed, slightly dated Bio you can go Here.
Episode Summary: Sig and I try to sell you on the idea of drafting Jimmy Graham and/or Rob Gronkowski in the first two rounds of your fantasy football drafts. We also discuss fantasy football draft strategy overall as well as why we target high ceiling tight end instead of wasting middle round picks on presumably safer tight ends.
- We get to know Sigmund Bloom a little.
- Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski are discussed at length.
- Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron and their potential to join the elite are discussed.
- We discuss the fact that the tight ends regularly ranked from five to ten don’t posses the upside of the guys ranked after them. Vernon Davis, Jason Witten, Greg Olsen, and Dennis Pitta are discussed.
- We talk about the break out potential of Jordan Reed, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, Ladarius Green, Tyler Eifert, Kyle Rudolph and Dwayne Allen.
- We discuss Eric Ebron for a split second.
- The Coach’s Office: Brought to you by Revolabels.com.
Thank Yous For Episode 021: I want to thank Sigmund Bloom for taking some time out of his busy late August schedule to discuss the tight end position in fantasy football. I would also like to thank C-Quel for providing the intro music as well as the outro beat. You can Find all of C-Quel’s current music available here.