Episode 016: The Fantasy Coach Podcast
Fantasy Football Edition: Fantasy Football Quarterback Strategy
Featuring J.J. Zachariason (@LateRoundQB) of numberFire
About My Guest: JJ is the Editor-In-Chief at numberFire.com and author of The Late Round Quarterback, an e-book that dives into the strategic side of fantasy football. Prior to joining numberFire, JJ worked with the team at Pro Football Focus, and he still contributes at Rotoworld.com. He’s a Pittsburgh native currently living in Charlotte, North Carolina, and has a collection of over 70 jerseys.
Episode Summary: JJ and I talk about his meteoric rise in the fantasy football community and how taking a chance and writing a book put him on a path to getting paid for what he loves to do. We also manage to squeeze some fantasy football goodness in there, as we talk about the fantasy football quarterback position and where to find value.
- Get to know our guest
- The big three at Quarterback in fantasy football 2014
- Which QB can crash the Big 3 Party? Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford, Nick Foles
- How deep is the legitimate QB1 field this year? Andy Dalton, Ben Roethlisberger?
- How important is QB consistency?
- Which rookie QB could be fantasy football relevant sooner rather than later? Johnny Manziel or Teddy Bridgewater?
- Which round does the LateRoundQB himself feel comfortable in drafting a QB?
- The Coach’s Office: 3 Questions for our guest.
You can Download this episode as well as the previous three on Itunes and Stitcher Radio.
Thank Yous For Episode 014: I want to thank JJ for coming on the podcast and giving me more insight into his theories on streaming and when to target a quarterback in a draft. I would also like to thank C-Quel for providing the intro music as well as the outro beat. You can Find all of C-Quel’s current music available here.