Episode 2 of The Fantasy Coach Podcast
Featuring: Shane P. Hallam of DraftTV.com
2014 NFL Draft Recap and Fantasy Football Outlook
About My Guest:
Shane has been analyzing the NFL Draft for a decade. He is currently President and Owner of www.DraftTV.com and previously was an NFL Draft Analyst for www.draftcountdown.com writing scouting reports and articles for the site since 2010. He is also a member of the Football Writer’s Association of America and Fantasy Sports Writers Association. He has attended the Senior Bowl in Mobile since 2011 and was the color commentator of the local radio broadcast in 2014. Be sure to follow him on twitter @ShanePHallam Summary: Shane and I discuss the 2014 NFL draft and try and hit as many high lights (The Raiders?) and low lights as we can fit in a one hour show. We discuss everything from teams changing their draft philosophy to which palyers you should target in Fantasy Football. Episode Breakdown:
- We talk about which teams had the best drafts and which teams seemed to not have the best approach to this draft.
- We discuss if some of the top NFL QB’s should be happy how their teams drafted.
- We’ll discuss the running backs drafted and how they could change the way the touches are handed out where they landed.
- We touch on a possible Seattle find that may slip under the radar in your fantasy drafts.
- Addition by Omission: which players benefit from their teams not drafting competition for them.
- We give our top 10 Rookie draft picks for Dynasty Fantasy Football Leagues and one sleeper we will be targeting late in drafts.
One Important note is that the Original Intro music is provided by my good friend C-Quel or The Mighty Siek as he’s also known. I can’t thank him enough for stepping into the studio and nailing an intro that will get everyone excited for the new podcast.